UPDATE: Libby for Amazon Fire tablets
Libby is now available to download from the Amazon Appstore. Going forward, users with Amazon Fire tablets should download Libby directly from the Amazon Appstore instead of manually sideloading the app.
- The OverDrive app will be removed from the Amazon Appstore on June 7, 2023. Fire tablet users who already have the OverDrive app installed can continue to use it for now, but it is no longer in active development. The OverDrive app will display messaging encouraging those with compatible devices to upgrade to Libby.
As a reminder, OverDrive is discontinuing the legacy OverDrive app on May 1, 2023 and transitioning users to the Libby app. Libby is OverDrive’s newer app for browsing and enjoying digital content from our library.
It’s time to give Libby a try! All your loans, holds, and wish list items will be waiting for you in Libby when you add your library card.
Libby also comes with new features we know you’ll love, like:
- Tags to categorize books however you’d like—you can even sync your OverDrive wish list into a tag!
- A central bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Customizable notifications for ready holds, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Sonos speakers
- Easy access to OverDrive support staff
Note: Our library’s digital collection will continue to be available at https://nwrlib.overdrive.com on desktop and mobile web browsers.